Rules For Sellers
- SWAP-O-RAMA Flea Markets reserve the right to refuse admission to any Seller.
- SWAP-O-RAMA Flea Markets reserve the right to inspect all merchandise. Sale of any item prohibited by any city, county, state or federal law is prohibited. No games of chance, skill or raffles are allowed. No fireworks, guns, ammunition, drug-related products, used mattresses and bedding or otherwise flammable or dangerous items are allowed on the premises. SWAP-O-RAMA reserves the right to determine whether any particular item is dangerous.
- Seller has obtained all licenses, authorizations, approvals, consents or permits required by all applicable city, county, state or federal laws (including the rules and regulations of all authorities having jurisdiction over the sale of Seller’s goods) to conduct its business, and Seller is in compliance with all applicable city, county, state or federal laws in connection with the sale of its goods and the operation of its business.
- The sale of counterfeit merchandise, or merchandise which violates trademarks and copyrights or others, is prohibited. It is the obligation of the Seller to verify that the merchandise offered for sale is not counterfeit. SWAP-O-RAMA reserves the right to confiscate any merchandise we believe to be counterfeit. At the discretion of SWAP-O-RAMA management, any violation of these rules may result in permanent eviction from the flea market.
- ABSOLUTELY NO SELLING OF ANY LOUIS VUITTON, MICHAEL KORS, UGG’S, COACH, CHANEL, GUCCI, KATE SPADE, FENDI, OR PRADA MERCHANDISE IS PERMITTED AT ANY OF THE SWAP-O-RAMA FLEA MARKETS. THIS INCLUDES GENUINE OR COUNTERFEIT MERCHANDISE. ANY VENDOR SELLING MERCHANDISE FROM THESE COMPANIES WILL BE PERMANENTLY BANNED FROM SELLING AT ALL SWAP-O-RAMA FLEA MARKETS.
- All merchandise must be displayed within the Sellers rented space. There is no selling outside the Seller’s rented space.
- No nails, stakes or any other material may be driven into floor or walls. No structures or displays may be installed or constructed without prior approval by the management. Display cases may not be higher than 48 inches from the floor.
- Emergency fire doors are never to be blocked, covered by merchandise, or used to enter, exit or unload.
- Sellers must move their vehicles away from the building after unloading, and must park in designated area. Sellers must clean up in and around their stands or spaces. They must take any unsold merchandise, boxes and debris with them. Violators will be charged $25 for excessive cleanup expense.
- Reservations are only held until 7:30 AM. All reservations MUST be renewed before the end of the month or Seller forfeits right of renewal. Reserved spaces must be open for business a minimum of 75% of the weekends each calendar month or the Seller forfeits their space. Storage Seller agrees to pay the daily fee for every Saturday and Sunday regardless if they are open for business or not.
- SWAP-O-RAMA will confiscate Seller’s merchandise when the Seller is behind 60 days in payment of monthly storage fees, daily fees, and/or absentee fees. SWAP-O-RAMA is not responsible for Sellers merchandise.
- SWAP-O-RAMA Flea Markets will not accept or cash any checks. We do accept MasterCard and Visa credit cards.
- Sale of food and food products is subject to separate requirements. See the manager for special rules, insurance requirements, and municipal licensing information. The sale of alcoholic beverages and tobacco items is prohibited
- No handbills may be distributed outside of the Sellers stands. Loudspeakers or bullhorns are not allowed. The sound level on all radios, TVs, speakers etc. must be kept to a level that Swap-O-Rama management approves of.
- Sellers shall at all times conduct themselves in an acceptable and orderly manner. Any physical violence or verbal threats by a Seller will result in permanent eviction from all the SWAP-O-RAMA Flea Markets. SWAP-O-RAMA reserves the right to determine what behavior is disorderly or unacceptable. Pictures, movies, videos, books, records, music and other items on display or playing through speakers must be suitable for children of all ages.
- Seller agrees to indemnify SWAP-O-RAMA against and to hold SWAP-O-RAMA harmless from any and all claims (including the cost of defense of any claim) resulting from Seller’s activities on the SWAP-O-RAMA premises or a violation of these rules. Sellers shall adequately supervise and control the activities of all their employees, agents or helpers, and will be responsible for the activities of those persons.
Sale of Food and Food Products
- The sale of all food products will be governed by the following rules and regulations which will be strictly enforced:
- All food sellers must obtain and display a current Food Seller’s License issued by the municipality in which the flea market is located.
- Food sellers must carry a “PRODUCTS LIABILITY” insurance policy for not less than $300,000.00 and show SWAP-O-RAMA. Sellers must supply a current Certificate of Insurance confirming the above listing the products covered by the policy.
- Each food seller will pay an additional rental charge of $5.00 per sale day per space; $7.00 per sale per day in Alsip; the cashier will issue an additional daily food receipt.
- The sale of any food item (such as gum, candy, soft drinks, chips or snacks, etc.) that is in direct competition with food sold at SNAK-O-RAMA snack bars in the flea market is prohibited.
- Sale of alcoholic beverages or tobacco in any form is prohibited.
- Monthly storage charge is $80 – includes monthly reservation charge.
- Storage privileges will be denied to sellers who:
- Fail to keep a neat and orderly space
- Fail to be in attendance on 75% or more of the sale days
- Store items that are illegal or subject to deterioration
- Does not comply with the policies or rules of Swap-O-Rama
- Does not pay his monthly charges on or before the first sale day of the new month
- All merchandise and fixtures must be placed within the lines of your space.
- Spaces with monthly storage must pay the daily selling fee, each and every sale day. Failure to open for business results in absentee space rent being charged for that day.
- SWAP-O-RAMA will confiscate Seller’s goods and displays when the seller is behind 60 days in payment of monthly storage fees and/or absentee fees. Rights to selling spaces will also be forfeited.
- Sellers must carry card with them at all times.
- Monthly storage spaces are non-transferable.
- Monthly reservations for outdoor selling spaces are for those sellers wishing to occupy the same space every sale day. There is a non-refundable service charge of $50.00 per space per month for Alsip and Melrose Park – Ashland Avenue is $60. Any seller may reserve any non-reserved space, subject to the following rules and regulations:
- Melrose and Alsip reserve fees are $50.00 per space per month. Ashland Avenue is $60 per space per month.
- Reservations must be made for both Saturday and Sunday, one full calendar month minimum.
- Reservations are held only until 7:30 a.m. each sale day. After 7:30 a.m. your space will be sold that day to a non-reserve seller.
- Partial months are only allowed when added to the next full month.
- Reserved spaces must be occupied and open for business by the reserved seller 75% of the monthly reserved period, or seller forfeits their reservation.
- Renewals of monthly reservations must be made by 1:00 p.m. of the last sale day in the month.
- Reserved spaces are non-transferable
Seller Fees for Spaces
|4350 West 129th St., Alsip, IL. 60803
Open Every Wednesday, Saturday & Sunday.
|Outdoors $17.00 per space
Indoors $17.00 per space *
|Outdoors $29.00 per space
Indoors $26.00 per space *
|Outdoors $32.00 per space
Indoors $28.00 per space *
|+ $3.00 Additional Per Space Per Day – Village of Alsip Daily License Fee
* GREAT HALL INDOOR SPACES + $5 PER SPACE PER DAY
|4100 South Ashland Avenue, Chicago IL. 60609
Open Every Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday & Sunday
|Outdoors $15.00 per space
MAY – SEPTEMBER
|Outdoors $20.00 per space
|Outdoors $40.00 per space
Indoors $28.00 per space
|Outdoors $40.00 per space
Indoors $30.00 per space
|4600 West Lake St., Melrose Pk. IL. 60160
Open Every Monday, Friday, Saturday & Sunday
|Outdoors $14.00 per space
JUNE – OCTOBER
|Outdoors $24.00 per space
|Outdoors $29.00 per space
Indoors $24.00 per space
|Outdoors $29.00 per space
Indoors $26.00 per space
|+ $1.00 Additional Per Space Per Day – Village of Melrose Park Daily License Fee|
Ask about our Peotone popup!
Email us at swap-o-rama.com · Phone: (708) 344-7300