Rules For Sellers
DAILY, COMBINED MONTHLY AND MONTHLY OUTDOOR RESERVATION RULES
Revised December 12, 2022
- SWAP-O-RAMA Flea Markets reserve the right to deny reservations to any Seller or to refuse admission to any Seller in its sole discretion.
- The Booth/Space Number set forth above indicates Seller’s initial reserved booth/space, which is subject to change. These Rules and Procedures are binding on Seller and apply to any booths/spaces rented by Seller.
- Outdoor selling spaces may be reserved on a monthly basis (“Outdoor Reservation(s)”) for those sellers who wish to maintain the same outdoor selling space from day to day. Sellers with Outdoor Reservations must remove their merchandise and property each day unless they arrange for overnight storage. Sellers may make Outdoor Reservations by paying the Reserve Fee monthly in advance on or before the last sale day on which the market is open for business each month or their reservation is forfeit.
- Outdoor Reservations are only reserved until 7:30 a.m. each sale day, after which the space may be rented to other sellers. In addition to the Reserve Fee, Seller shall pay the Daily Fee for each day it operates.
- Sellers with Outdoor Reservations and/or CM spaces must be open for business a minimum of 75% of the weekends each calendar month or Seller forfeits their reservation.
- Indoor booths may be reserved on a monthly basis by payment of the CM Fee, which allow those sellers to maintain selling space and the right to store merchandise/supplies in their selling spaces. Seller must pay the CM fee monthly in advance on or before the last sale day on which the market is open for business each month or they will be denied access to their booth and their reservation may be forfeit.
- Merchandise stored in CM spaces is at Seller’s sole risk and expense. SWAP-O-RAMA is not liable for theft or damage to Seller merchandise or personal property left in CM spaces. Seller acknowledges and agrees that SWAP-O-RAMA is not a self-service storage facility. Any storage by Seller of its property or merchandise is incidental to Seller’s vendor activities at the market.
- The failure of Seller to make payment of any fees including but not limited to the CM Fee when due is a default (“Seller’s Default”). If Seller fails to cure Seller’s Default within FOURTEEN (14) days of service of a written Notice of Default, on the next day thereafter by these Rules and without further action or notice by SWAP-O-RAMA Seller hereby assigns the right to and title to any and all merchandise and personal property remaining in their booth to SWAP-O-RAMA which may take possession of all merchandise and personal property free and clear of any interests and in its sole discretion dispose of such property and merchandise. SWAP-O-RAMA may, but is not required to, sell the property and apply the proceeds to cure Seller’s Default. In such case SWAP-O-RAMA will send notice to Seller of the excess proceeds, if any.
- Whenever notice to Seller is required under these Rules, such notice shall be in writing and shall be by certified mail with return receipt requested to the address provided by Seller above. The date of service of notice shall be the date of it is placed in the mail with postage prepaid.
- If Seller violates any rules set forth herein, SWAP-O-RAMA will retain all fees paid by Seller.
- Nothing herein shall be construed to limit SWAP-O-RAMA’s remedies against Seller at law or in equity. If any terms or provisions of these Rules are found to be invalid or unenforceable, the remainder of these Rules, shall not be affected thereby, and each term and provision of these Rules shall be valid and enforced to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- These Rules and Procedures are subject to change by SWAP-O-RAMA in its sole discretion at any time. By accepting and using a space or booth, seller acknowledges receipt of these Rules and agreement by Seller to abide by these Rules in selling its wares at any SWAP-O-RAMA flea market.
- SWAP-O-RAMA reserves the right to inspect all merchandise. Sale of any item prohibited by any city, county, state or federal law is prohibited. No games of chance, skill or raffles are allowed. No fireworks, guns, ammunition, drug-related products, used mattresses and bedding or otherwise flammable or dangerous items are allowed on the premises. SWAP-O-RAMA reserves the right to determine whether any particular item is dangerous.
- Prior to selling any goods or operating its business, Seller shall obtain all licenses, authorizations, approvals, consents or permits required by all applicable city, county, state or federal laws (including the rules and regulations of all authorities having jurisdiction over the sale of Seller’s goods) to conduct its business, and Seller is in compliance with all applicable city, county, state or federal laws in connection with the sale of its goods and the operation of its business. Seller shall produce to SWAP-O-RAMA, upon SWAP-O-RAMA request, copies of all required city, state or federal licensees to prove seller’s compliance.
- SWAP-O-RAMA does not allow the sale of counterfeit merchandise, or merchandise which violates trademarks and copyrights of others. It is the obligation of the Seller to verify that the merchandise offered for sale is not counterfeit or in violation of trademarks of others. Sale of merchandise in violation of this rule may result in eviction of seller and permanent ban from selling at all SWAP-O-RAMA flea markets.
- SWAP-O-RAMA does not allow the sale of authentic, counterfeit, knock off or imitation merchandise from the following: RAY-BAN, OAKLEY, POP SOCKETS, LOUIS VUITTON, MICHAEL KORS, UGG, COACH, CHANEL, GUCCI, KATE SPADE, FENDI, TRUE RELIGION, NFL, NHL, NCAA, NBA, SHARPIE, MAJOR LEAGUE BASEBALL, DOONEY & BURKE, OR PRADA AT ANY OF THE SWAP-O-RAMA FLEA MARKETS. SALE OF MERCHANDISE FROM THESE COMPANIES MAY RESULT IN EVICTION OF SELLER AND PERMANENT BAN FROM SELLING AT ALL SWAP-O-RAMA FLEA MARKETS. This list is not exclusive and may be amended at any time by Swap-O-Rama by posting a notice or distributing a notice at any SWAP-O-RAMA Flea Market.
- All merchandise must be displayed within the Seller’s booth/space ONLY. Seller may not sell goods or distribute handbills outside of the Seller’s booth/space.
- No nails, stakes or any other material may be driven into floor or walls. No structures or displays may be installed or constructed without prior approval by the management. Display cases which have been approved by SWAP-O-RAMA may not be higher than 48 inches from the floor.
- Emergency fire doors are never to be blocked, covered by merchandise, or used to enter, exit or unload.
- Sellers shall move their vehicles away from the building after unloading and must park in designated areas.
- Sellers shall clean up in and around their booth/space. They must take any unsold merchandise, boxes and debris with them. Violators will be charged $25 for excessive cleanup expense.
- Sale of food and food products is prohibited without written approval from SWAP-O-RAMA. Contact the SWAP-O-RAMA market manager for special rules, insurance requirements, and municipal licensing information. The sale of alcoholic beverages and tobacco items is prohibited.
- Loudspeakers or bullhorns are not allowed. The sound level on all radios, TVs, speakers etc. must be kept to a level of which SWAP-O RAMA management approves.
- Sellers shall at all times conduct themselves in an acceptable and orderly manner, Any physical violence or verbal threats by a Seller will result in permanent eviction from all SWAP-O-RAMA flea markets. SWAP-O-RAMA reserves the right to determine what behavior is disorderly or unacceptable. Pictures, movies, videos, books, records, music and other items on display or playing through speakers must be suitable for children of all ages.
- Seller shall indemnify SWAP-O-RAMA against and hold SWAP-O-RAMA harmless from any and all claims (including the cost of defense of any claim) resulting from Seller’s activities on the SWAP-O-RAMA premises or a violation of these rules. Sellers shall adequately supervise and control the activities of all their employees, agents or helpers, and will be responsible for the activities of those persons.
- These rules apply to all Sellers, operators, license holders, employees, and any and all other individual associated with Seller and/or the space.
- Any person entering the market and selling goods in a booth/space rented from Swap-O-Rama is a Seller and agrees to observe and is bound by all of the above terms and conditions.
Sale of Food and Food Products
- Sale of food and food products is prohibited without written approval from SWAP-O-RAMA. Contact the SWAP-O-RAMA market manager for special rules, insurance requirements, and municipal licensing information.
- The sale of alcoholic beverages and tobacco items is prohibited.
- Monthly storage charge is $90 (plus daily fee) = combined monthly (ask market manager) – includes monthly reservation charge.
- Storage privileges will be denied to sellers who:
- Fail to keep a neat and orderly space
- Fail to be in attendance on 75% or more of the sale days
- Store items that are illegal or subject to deterioration
- Does not comply with the policies or rules of Swap-O-Rama
- Does not pay CM charges on or before the last sale day of the month
- All merchandise and fixtures must be placed within the lines of your space.
- SWAP-O-RAMA will confiscate Seller’s goods and displays when the seller is behind 14 days in payment of CM fees. Rights to selling spaces will also be forfeited.
- Sellers must carry card with them at all times.
- Monthly/Combined Monthly storage spaces are non-transferable.
- There is a non-refundable service charge of $60.00 per space per month for Alsip and Melrose Park (Ashland $70.00). Any seller may reserve any non-reserved space, subject to the following rules and regulations:
- Weekday reservations are $30 a month per market.
- Reservations must be made for both Saturday and Sunday, one full calendar month minimum.
- Reservations are held only until 7:30 a.m. each sale day. After 7:30 a.m. your space will be sold that day to a non-reserve seller.
- Partial months are only allowed when added to the next full month.
- Reserved spaces must be occupied and open for business by the reserved seller 75% of the monthly reserved period, or seller forfeits their reservation.
- Renewals of monthly reservations must be made on the last sale day in the month.
- Reserved spaces are non-transferable
Seller Fees for Spaces for DAILY
|4350 West 129th St., Alsip, IL. 60803
Open Every Wednesday, Saturday & Sunday.
|Outdoors $27.00 per space+
Indoors $27.00 per space+ *
|Outdoors $32.00 per space+
Indoors $31.00 per space+ *
|Outdoors $37.00 per space+
Indoors $33.00 per space+ *
|+ $3.00 Additional Per Space Per Day – Village of Alsip Daily License Fee
* GREAT HALL INDOOR SPACES + $5 PER SPACE PER DAY
|4100 South Ashland Avenue, Chicago IL. 60609
Open Every Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday & Sunday
|Outdoors $20.00 per space
APRIL 4th – NOV 21st
|Outdoors $30.00 per space
|Outdoors $45.00 per space
Indoors $35.00 per space
|Outdoors $45.00 per space
Indoors $38.00 per space
|ALL Ashland Vendors Must Have An Active City Of Chicago Business License In Order To Sell|
|4600 West Lake St., Melrose Pk. IL. 60160
Open Every Friday, Saturday & Sunday
|Outdoors $27.00 per space+
|Outdoors $32.00 per space+
Indoors $29.00 per space+
|Outdoors $32.00 per space+
Indoors $31.00 per space+
|+ $1.00 Additional Per Space Per Day – Village of Melrose Park Daily License Fee|