Rules For Sellers
- SWAP-O-RAMA Flea Markets reserve the right to refuse admission to any seller.
- SWAP-O-RAMA Flea Markets reserve the right to inspect all merchandise. Sale of any item prohibited by any city, county, state or federal law is prohibited. No games of chance, skill or raffles are allowed. No fireworks, guns, ammunition, drug-related products, used mattresses and bedding or otherwise flammable or dangerous items are allowed on the premises. SWAP-O-RAMA reserves the right to determine whether any particular item is dangerous.
- The sale of counterfeit merchandise, or merchandise which violates trademarks and copyrights or others, is prohibited. It is the obligation of the seller to verify that the merchandise offered for sale is not counterfeit.
- There is positively no selling outside the seller’s rented space. All merchandise must be behind the line.
- No nails, stakes or any other material may be driven into floor or walls. No structures (such as stands or displays) may be installed or constructed without prior approval by the management. In no case may any display be higher than 48 inches from the floor.
- Emergency fire doors are never to be blocked, covered by merchandise, or used to enter, exit or unload.
- Sellers must move their vehicles away from building after unloading, and must park in designated area. Sellers must clean up around their stands, taking unsold merchandise, boxes and debris with them. Violators will be charged $25 for excessive cleanup expense.
- Reservations are only held until 7:30 AM. All reservations MUST be renewed before the end of the month or seller forfeits right of renewal. Reserved spaces must be occupied a minimum of 75% of the sale days each calendar month, or seller forfeits space.
- MONTHLY STORAGE is available to sellers. Please see the manager.
- SWAP-O-RAMA will confiscate Seller’s goods and displays when the seller is behind 60 days in payment of monthly storage fees, daily fees, and/or absentee fees. Rights to selling spaces will also be forfeited.
- SWAP-O-RAMA Flea Markets will not accept or cash any checks.
- Sale of food and food products is subject to separate requirements. See the manager for special rules, insurance requirements, and municipal licensing information. The sale of alcoholic beverages and tobacco items is prohibited
- No political matter or handbills may be distributed without prior approval by the management. No loudspeakers, bullhorns, jamming or excessive shouting is allowed. Sound on all radios, TVs and stereos etc. must be kept to a level that does not aggravate neighbors.
- Sellers shall at all times conduct themselves in an acceptable and orderly manner. SWAP-O-RAMA reserves the right to determine what behavior is disorderly or unacceptable. Pictures, videocassettes, books, records and other items on display must be suitable for children of all ages.
- Seller agrees to indemnify SWAP-O-RAMA and Concession Services, Inc. against and to hold SWAP-O-RAMA and Concession Services, Inc. harmless from any and all claims (including the cost of defense of any claim) resulting from seller’s activities on the SWAP-O-RAMA premises. Sellers shall adequately supervise and control the activities of all their employees, agents or helpers, and will be responsible for the activities of those persons.
- Indoor space size is approximately 8x12 feet and Outdoor space size is 12x24 feet.
Sale of Food and Food Products
The sale of all food products will be governed by the following rules and regulations which will be strictly enforced
- All food sellers must obtain and display a current Food Seller’s License issued by the municipality in which the flea market is located.
- Food sellers must carry a “PRODUCTS LIABILITY” insurance policy for not less than $300,000.00 and show SWAP-O-RAMA Flea Market Division of Concession Services, Inc. as an “additional insured.” Sellers must supply a current Certificate of Insurance confirming the above listing the products covered by the policy.
- Each food seller will pay an additional rental charge of $5.00 per sale day per space; $7.00 per sale per day in Alsip; the cashier will issue an additional daily food receipt.
- The sale of any food item (such as gum, candy, soft drinks, chips or snacks, etc.) that is in direct competition with food sold at SNAK-O-RAMA snack bars in the flea market is prohibited.
- Sale of alcoholic beverages or tobacco in any form is prohibited.
Monthly storage charge includes monthly reservation charge.
- Monthly storage charge includes monthly reservation charge.
- Storage privileges will be denied to sellers who
- Fail to keep a neat and orderly space
- Fail to be in attendance on 75% or more of the sale days
- Store items that are illegal or subject to deterioration
- Does not comply with the policies or rules of Swap-O-Rama
- Does not pay his monthly charges on or before the first sale day of the new month
- All merchandise and fixtures must be placed within the lines of your space.
- Spaces with monthly storage must pay the daily selling fee, each and every sale day. Failure to open for business results in absentee space rent being charge for that day.
- SWAP-O-RAMA will confiscate Seller’s goods and displays when the seller is behind 60 days in payment of monthly storage fees and/or absentee fees. Rights to selling spaces will also be forfeited.
- Sellers must carry card with them at all times.
- Monthly storage spaces are non-transferable.
Monthly reservations for indoor and outdoor selling spaces are for those sellers wishing to occupy the same space every sale day. There is a non-refundable service charge of $40.00 per space per month; $50.00 per space per month at Ashland. Any seller may reserve any non-reserved space, subject to the following rules and regulations:
- Reserve fee is $40.00 per space per month; $50.00 per space per month at Ashland.
- Reservations must be made for both Saturday and Sunday, one full calendar month minimum.
- Reservations are held only until 7:30 a.m. each sale day. After 7:30 a.m. your space will be sold that day to a non-reserve seller.
- Partial months are only allowed when added to the next full month.
- Reserved spaces must be occupied and open for business by the reserved seller 75% of the monthly reserved period, or seller forfeits their reservation.
- Renewals of monthly reservations must be made by 1:00 p.m. of the last sale day in the month.
- Reserved spaces are non-transferable